Chili powder is an indispensable spice in Vietnamese food processing. With 3 simple ways to make chili powder below, it can help housewives easily implement, to have delicious chili powder for home use, without having to go to buy anymore.
1. How to make Korean chili powder
12 dried chillies
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons fennel
1 teaspoon black pepper
Step 1: Dried chili you remove all the stems and seeds away for the rare chili. As for the horn chili, you can use the whole fruit.
Step 2: Put in the jar and close the lid tightly so that when grinding chili will not be thrown out. Conduct pureed into powder.
Step 3: Mix the freshly ground chili powder + 1 teaspoon garlic powder + 1 teaspoon dill + 1 teaspoon black pepper together. Use a chopstick to beat the mixture evenly.
2. How to make pure chili powder
25g fresh chili
Step 1: Fresh chili bought and washed, cut off the stem. Put the chili in the oven at a temperature of about 100 – 150 degrees C and dried until chili totally dried. You can also tumble chili by heating the pan on the stove to heat it until it is dry.
Step 2: When the time is up, remove the chilies from the oven and wait for the chili to cool completely. Put chili in a mortar, add salt and then use pestle to beat chili with fine salt.
Step 3: When the chili has been finely crushed, use a sieve to remove all the seeds. And the chili powder you put in a tightly covered lid to preserve and use gradually.
3. How to make mixed chili powder
12 dried chilies
1 tablespoon oregano leaves
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons fennel seeds
Step 1: Proceed to heat the oven at a temperature of 250 degrees C. Chili bought to remove stalks and chili seeds. Spread all the chili peels on the oven tray.
Step 2: Put the chili to dry with a temperature of about 100 degrees C for 1 hour, every 5 minutes you take the chili out once to dry chili. When the time is up, take the chili and wait for it to cool down completely.
Step 3: Put all ingredients like dried chili + 1 piece of oregano leaves + 1 spoon of garlic powder + 2 spoons of cumin seeds in a blender until the chili is smooth. Use a sieve to sieve the paprika to make it smooth, put the paprika into a glass container and cover it for storage.
4. Note when making chili powder
– When drying chili you must regularly monitor the clock to understand the time it takes to dry. The next time you just need to adjust according to the time and dose of chili so as to get the best chili.
– You can use paprika as a spice to prepare food as an alternative to fresh chilies. For all types of paprika, you can reduce the time to prepare fresh chilies when processing food. Chili powder is very convenient for daily food processing.
– To preserve chili powder for longer, you should put chili powder in a box and then tightly closed, put into a drawer without light, it can be preserved for at least 1 year.
With 3 ways to make chili powder as simple as above, you only need to spend 30 minutes to have the finished product to use. No fussy in the way of processing, you still make a jar of chili powder with 100% quality assurance, no longer worry about buying chili powder outside with bad impurities anymore.