When the chili is applied on the skin (in the form of hot alcohol or oil …), it is a local stimulant. Capsaicin causes vasodilation, increases local blood flow, dissolves blood bruising, relieves pain.
Chili is a very familiar spice for Vietnamese people, especially people of Central Vietnam. Everyday food without chili to them is bland, tasteless. The more spicy the chili is, the more “attractive” it is. It is the spicy taste that makes chili an unforgettable flavor. But also the spicy taste of chili has been and is being rushed into research and application by the whole world.
Capsaicin in chili
The outstanding feature of chili is capsaicin, which is known to evaporate at high temperatures, causing strong sneezing. The capsaicin in chili is the active ingredient in red and hot, only when the chili is ripe, accounting for 0.01-0.1%.
The burning sensation that we have is that capsaicin stimulates the brain to produce endorphins, endogenous morphine that has analgesic properties, especially beneficial for patients with chronic arthritis. neuropathic headaches and cancer pain.
Capsaicin promotes the secretion of substance P, a neurotransmitter that tells your brain you’re in pain. However, prolonged exposure to capsaicin reduces pain sensation. For this reason, capsaicin is sometimes used to relieve joint pain. Capsaicin also stimulates the secretion of endorphins, chemicals that make you feel good. That is why many people are addicted to eating chili.
Capsaicin in chili peppers is also used to make pain relievers, capsaicin reduces the effect of substance “P”, substance “P” is responsible for communicating pain from the skin to the spine. By blocking the sugar “P”, capsaicin acts as a long-acting pain reliever and has been effective in treating approximately 75% of patients.
When the chili is used on the skin (in the form of hot alcohol or oil …) it is a local stimulant. Capsaicin causes vasodilation, increases local blood flow, dissolves blood bruising, relieves pain.
In 1998 in the UK there was a drug named Zacin. The drug is formulated in the form of a topical cream containing 0.025% capsaicin used to relieve pain in osteoarthritis. The cream is applied to the painful joint several times a day, reducing the substance P in the nerves that carry information to the brain. Rheumatoid arthritis is also found to be effective.
Experience in using chili in the treatment of back and joint pain
– Treatment of back pain, joint pain: Ripe chili 15 fruits, 3 papaya leaves. All bring small crushed alcohol with the rate 1/2, used to massage will quickly heal.
– Treatment of back pain, joint pain: 15 ripe chili fruit, papaya leaf 20g, wormwood leaf 20g, crushed, then bring in a high concentration of alcohol, massage regularly into the aching area will ease the disease.
– Treatment of back pain, joint pain, neuralgia: Crushed chili, soaked in white wine at the rate of 1/2 (One part fresh chili, two parts of wine) used to massage the pain.
– Migraine treatment: Some scientists have studied using chili to put a drop of capsaicin in the nose of the patient’s headache, the pain relief results are obvious. Nothing happens when you put the medicine on the other side.
– Treatment of chronic arthritis: 1-2 fruit chili fruit, bone pain wire, earthen spirit (root piece) 30g each. Sac drink in 1 month.
– Treatment of back pain: Chili paste is used to treat pain such as back pain, arthritis, and other musculoskeletal pain. Patches help improve blood circulation, relax muscles, and relieve pain. After washing and drying the sore area, stick the patch on for 24 hours. Before pasting, test a small area first to prevent overheating causing skin irritation. The adhesive will spread the active ingredient under the heat of the skin. Do not use with sensitive skin or skin disease.
Only eat a sufficient amount
For a long time, we used to think that eating a lot of chilies will cause stomach ulcers. However, many studies show that chili peppers are good food for people with stomach ulcers. According to experts, chili fruit contains capsaicin that works to kill bacteria that cause stomach ulcers, prevent the creation of acidic acids, increase blood flow to the stomach lining to help prevent ulcers or cause heal sores. However, people with heartburn should not consume chili peppers as this can make the illness worse.
Although chili has many effects, you should only eat the chili with a moderate amount, if you eat a lot, it will be harmful to health. The spicy substances in the peppers will irritate the stomach lining, causing stomach pain, passing out, and bleeding if you have hemorrhoids. People with chronic sore throats, stomach ulcers, people with hemorrhoids should not eat peppers, or eat limited.
The spicy taste of chili is delicious and attractive but must be eaten properly to ensure health.